Rain Rain Go Away

Rain, Rain, Go away we have had enough!  Come again another day!  Seriously, I am done with you and want to break up with you. My children and I need some warm sunny days where we can go out and explore without worrying about getting wet.  We only have a couple more months in Germany and we want to explore as much as we can.  I read somewhere that there is no such thing as bad weather, just improper clothing, but that is baloney.  Anyway, enough of my whining. Yesterday when the rain stopped for a couple of hours, we grabbed the chance and went to the zoo.  We have been to the Opel Zoo before.  It is about 30 minutes from our house.  While as I stated before, it does not offer a large variety of animals the park is easy to get to with plenty of parking and the playground is awesome. While at the zoo, we ate at the restaurant this time and enjoyed a yummy meal of potato soup and Schnitzel with french fries.Yummy! The kids really enjoy feeding all the animals; however, some of them were pretty aggressive this go around. They scared Avery out of her wits when a goat jumped on top of her. After going to the zoo, we enjoyed ice cream sundaes and a ride on the Ferris wheel.  Avery was scared of going on, but thankfully she realized she had nothing to be scared of and we all had a good time. How was your weekend?  Did you do anything exciting?











If you haven't seen this video clip. It is truly amazing! Definitely worth watching.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you could get out with the kids and had a fun time! What an unusual conductor! Love the sounds made in the beginning of the video. The capture with your youngest in the middle of the colorful balls is so sweet! Thanks for sharing with All Seasons, and hope the rain will stay way, or come at night when your kids are sleeping:)
Linda said…
Looks like they had a great time! I hope the weather improves.
NCSue said…
For some reason I can't get any audio on the video (if that makes any sense), but the photos of rainy day fun were great!
Thanks for joining this week's party at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/03/springtime-at-sarah-p-duke-gardens.html
I'd be scared out of MY wits if a goat jumped on top of me! And I think of myself as someone who enjoys looking at animals and wildlife. Yeeps.

Totally agree with you that the saying about .... improper clothing ... is a lot of hooey. It is NEVER fun to play out in the rain. Never. Hope it gets better for you soon so you can enjoy the rest of your time in Germany.
Angie said…
Glad you were able to get out for a little while ... and thanks for your recent comment on my post - it meant a lot to me.

I am still teary from the video clip - at first, I thought something was wrong with my sound, and then I GOT IT - the sound of rain!! What an awesome performance!
Glad you had fun! Even though we have had very little (much needed) rain this winter, I am also looking forward to spring arriving.
Klara S said…
We still have a sleet :-(
Mary said…
Thanks for visiting our blog, I'm envious of your trip!! I was to Ireland 2 years ago and loved every minute. Looking forward to seeing your posts about your trip. Enjoy!! Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

Popular Posts