Prado Museum

Hi!  How are you?  Did you have a good weekend?  Well, I am back from my trip to Spain.  The wedding was wonderful (more on that later) and Toledo is an amazing city with so much history. I got back Sunday evening and yesterday felt like I was walking in the fog of jet lag.  Today I feel good though so hopefully when 5 p.m. comes around I won't want to feel the need to go to bed. While I was in Spain, I had a day in Madrid before heading home.  One of the places I went to was the Prado Museum and clearly I could have spent the whole day there as there are over 100 rooms.  Their collection of paintings and artwork is extensive.  Those who are not into art may not know many of the artist as they don't carry the more popular art pieces of say Monet or Van Gogh, but they do feature many many Spanish artists like Goya and El Greco who was a Greek artist but who lived many years in Spain.  I wish I had rented the headset to help me through the museum because the museum is so large.  They do offer a guide book.  I think I would have liked to have seen this museum with a tour guide.  This museum isn't everyone's cup of tea as most of the art is early Renaissance and religious art.  This isn't also really my cup of tea either, but I did really enjoy the massive alter pieces on display that were really gorgeous.  This museum is does not carry any modern art, but they do have one collection by a newer artist named Miguel Blay.  His sculpture titled Blossoming Love was lovely.  Here are a few of my favorite pieces. The museum is definately worth a visit.

 Blossoming Love by  Miguel Blay
 Mrs. Sage in the Hot Air Balloon by Vincenzo Lunardi
 Screeching Cats by Goya "I liked this one because it seemed 
so out of place in comparison to the rest of the art. 
 Diptych with 42 monumental Spanish cities by Perez Villamil
 This pieces is really amazing in person.  
This photo doesn't do it justice it. Artist Enrique Simonet 
  Hollyhocks by Mariano Fortuny






Prado National Museum
Paseo del Prado, s/n, 28014 Madrid, Spain
hours 10 a.m to 8 p.m.

Comments

NCSue said…
Great shots.
Thanks for joining the fun at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/06/drip-drip-drip.html
Birgitta said…
Great and interesting photos!
Phil Slade said…
You clearly enjoyed your trip to Spain. Spanish cities and towns are just wonderful to explore. Not been to Toledo or Madrid though.
Linda said…
Nice to see these! I love art museums.

Popular Posts