Out and About in the City Atlanta








I love that I have lived in this city for 12 years now and still find new things to discover.  The city is constantly evolving. Outside of the amazing weather, I have loved that there is so much to see and do!  We are never bored and often have too many things we want to put on our calendar. The other morning I was out scouting spots for a photo shoot and found these little gems.  People are always asking me where to stay in Atlanta and my first pick would be the Indigo Hotel located in the heart of Atlanta in a section called Midtown.  It is a Boutique Hotel that is close enough to the city center, Marta transportation system, the Fox Theater, and many great restaurants.  Where to Eat?  I love Baraonda as it offers some of the best Italian food; however, Nan, The Watershed, Flying Biscuit, Vortex, and The Krog Street Market which offers a variety of great restaurants are all other great places to eat. Now, what to do?  Most people visit the World of Coco-Cola or the largest aquarium in the United States, but I say don't forget to visit the Jimmy Carter Museum, a walk-up Stone Mountain, a tour of CNN, or just simply a walk through Piedmont Park.  The one thing most of my guests are amazed at is how green our city is and to be honest the feeling isn't lost on me either.  The other day, my friend Simona and I went to Restoration Hardware in Buckhead and from the top floor, you get a fantastic view of the city.  The city is enveloped in a sea of green.  It is beautiful!  Well, I hope you have enjoyed my finds.  I love Atlanta and hope if you ever visit that you will love this adopted city of mine.  

Comments

Di said…
I have been to Atlanta a couple of times but it was about 10 years ago....I remember visiting the Botanic Gardens, canoeing on the river, eating some great food, being moved by all the Martin Luther King history, visiting De Kalb Farmer's market and enjoying Piedmont and Grant Park....now i have another friend living in Atlanta so perhaps I will visit again next year!
Francesca said…
on instagram I follow hulaseventy who lives in Atlanta and takes beautiful photos of your incredible city.
Tamar SB said…
I love these! What fun peaks at a big city!!
NanaHood said…
Lived there in 79. Still go back to visit friends. So much to see and do!
csuhpat1 said…
Great photos. It is a city that I really need to get to and see it.

http://csuhpat1.blogspot.com/2015/10/part-ii-valley-of-fire-state-park.html
GayNYCDad said…
I would love to take my son on a trip there to see yet another great American city!
Mitch
NCSue said…
I've only "seen" Atlanta through the windows of an airport and from the air. This makes me want to get another closer view!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/10/beach-walk-at-sunrise.html
Anonymous said…
Wow, where did you find all of these specific things? (rethorical question) Once hubby had an ugly duck (Citroen), but kept it blue though:) Have a happy week!
Mock-Turtle said…
Such interesting things to look at!
I visited Atlanta last year and enjoyed many sights downtown. The food was so good everywhere I ate!
woolypear said…
I love urban art! I'm always sharing on my instagram @woolypear. These are fantastic! Cheers from kidcandoodle.com
Kate said…
Lots of great building art. Fun shots.

Popular Posts