Happy CInco de Mayo


Hi!  How are you?  I hope you had a good weekend!  I did!  My friends threw me a baby shower for Avery on Friday night.   It was lovely!  I will have to post pictures soon. We also went to dinner prior to the baby shower to celebrate my husbands birthday that was on Monday.  He is now taking his first get away in our whole marriage and is off with his scuba buddies in Mexico.  He is having a great time!  Everyone is finally healthy and boy did we enjoy the great weekend weather over the weekend.  It was in the high 80's both days.  I am looking forward to going to the pool now that it is open.  Anyway,today is Cinco de Mayo.  I love Mexican food.  I always have.  When I was little, I lived with my father from the time I was 2-5 on the east coast and would beg for tacos as I had been born in California.  In the 70's the east coast didn't know what Mexican food is, but that has since changed.  All my children adore Mexican food too except for Avery, but we are working on that.  You may have seen this recipe before as it has been floating around the blog world, but it is for fruit salsa.  You serve it will either cinnamon fried tortilla or cinnamon baked pita chips.  It is super simple to make and I think you can make it with just about any fruit; however, strawberries are the main ingredient.  I took one pint of berries and diced them really fine, and to that I added one 3/4 of an apple.  Now here is where I changed the original recipe which calls for kiwis because I didn't have them, so I used a handful of green grapes and chopped them up.  I thought a few blueberries would look pretty too!  They aren't necessary, but added some pretty fun color.  Then add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and honey and allow to sit for 1/2 hour to 1 hour until the juices are flowing from the fruit.  This recipe is such a fun alternative to the traditional chips and salsa, and kids love it!  Have a great day!

Comments

sounds lovely. I'm going to try it.
Francesca said…
so glad you're all well!
Yum! This looks delish! I made a chunky salsa added some chicken and put in wraps it was perfect. Have a wonderful day!
Shauna said…
Looks delicious and pretty. :) Glad weather has been nice and I didn't comment on last post of sweet Avery but she seriously is the cutest. She's a doll. Love,

Shauna xox

I will call you soon and email you some suggestions so you have it in writing with regard to homeschool.

Popular Posts