Renewal "Corner View"


This weeks topic Renewal I feel is mocking me.  When I think of renewal, I think of spring.  Spring is a rebirth a renewal.  Two weeks ago we were hit with a heavy snow storm that is unusual for Atlanta. Last week we had 70 degrees almost every day and now despite the blooming cherry trees the sky is grey, dark, and  very cold.  I am so done with winter!  I am ready for spring!  Sadly, today a good friend of mine underwent her first chemo treatment today for breast cancer.  She is only 37 years old and has 3 small young children. We are praying it isn't to late as the cancer is acting pretty aggressive.  Then today I found out another good friend is dying of cancer. She has lived a good life, but it doesn't make the loss any less sad.  I am in shock as I would have thought she had another good 20 years. She is dearly loved and will be greatly missed.  Then I just found out a guy from my high school class died last night from Organ failure which may be related to his fight with cancer.  How is it that I am now at that stage in life when my peers start dying.  I am too young.  I hate cancer.  I have lost two many loved ones and friends to this disease!  In times like this I can only find comfort in the scriptures and in my Savior Jesus Christ.  He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelations 21:4   I know I will see my good friend again.
On a positive note, Avery went to the eye doctor and she is now on a path to make her eyes new.  She will go through patch therapy for a month or longer until her eyes become stronger and her eyes stop drifting.    Then she will need surgery to correct the muscles.   Please pray for my friends and their families as they go through this difficult time in their life.  

Comments

Francesca said…
very sorry to read about your friends, but glad to know that Avery will be able to have her eye problems fixed!
Unknown said…
Praying for your friends. Love to see the pics of Avery growing and thriving with so much love! :)
simply bev said…
I'm sorry to hear about your friends. Cancer is striking down too many loved ones. Avery looks like she's doing very well in her new home!
I hate cancer.....and it's just not fair when the young are effected by it.....not that the old deserve it but you should out live your parents....prayers to your friends.
I am so sorry to read this. ((hugs))
Avery still looks so cute with an eye patch. I used to wear one of those. All the range... ;-)
Heather said…
Sending good vibes to you, your friends and little Avery!
Heather said…
Sending good vibes to you, your friends and little Avery!
shayndel said…
Prayers to your friends, and yes to that you will meet them again. I believe they stay with us and teach us to love through their passing…

beautiful to see Avery is getting stronger sight .. best wishes and LOVE to you and your family for healthy happy spring days!!♡
flowtops said…
Spring will come, it will, it will.

In the meantime: hang in there, love your family, and I hope your friends pull through.

(Cancer is such a frustrating and difficult thing to live with.)

Hugs
Nicki
karyn said…
I'm so very sorry to hear about your friends - so hard to bear. I hope Spring comes for you very soon. And thank you so much for your encouraging comments on my whimpery little CV post - especially when you yourself are in the midst of so much sadness. Hugs xox
nadine paduart said…
i'm sorry to read about this sometimes inexplicable misbehaviour of nature.... i hope you all find courage, i am wishing it you all.
happy for avery too, n♥

Popular Posts