Weekend in December




Hi!  How are you?  Did you have a great weekend?  What did you do this weekend?  The weekend started off well with Addy and I making Peppermint play doh.  She loves playing with the stuff!  If I want to keep her in one place then play doh does the trick.  Afterwards, we read the story the Legend of the Candy Cane.  Love this story that explains the symbolic meaning  of the candy cane.  Turn it upside and it is a J for Jesus and then when it is right side up it is a shepherds hook.  The red is the blood of Jesus and to remind us of his atonement and the white is to remind us of his love and that we can be forgiven.  Not to long after we finished with our activities Addy started throwing up.  No sooner had I gotten her cleaned up and changed the sheets on her bed that she began throwing up again.  Poor thing!  The next morning I thought she was fine and gave her a bottle and brought her in bed with me to keep her from waking up the others and she threw up all over my bed.  Got her cleaned up and got Roman to his friend Andrew's birthday party and then took Winston to get his haircut. Oh, I forgot that St. Nicolas came on Friday morning.  He comes on the 6th and as German tradition has it my children put out their shoes.

My mother came over, we watched Frosty the Snowman with the littles and ate Peppermint Cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory. Yummy!  Sunday rolled along and I whipped out the Christmas music.  Love the Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean.  Roman was thrilled to decorate the gingerbread house and Winston couldn't get the candles lit fast enough for Advent.  I love seeing how excited the children get for our Christmas traditions.

My mom and I went to a movie this past week called Philomena.  The movie is good and it is bad.  The bad is that it is a true story of a woman who grew up in Ireland and had a baby out of wedlock who was sent to the Magdalena Laundries.  These poor woman were abused.  Their children were stollen from them.  The good thing about this movie was the message of forgiveness and how if you hold hatred toward others for the wrong they do against you that really you end of a victim a second time because you allow them to hold power over your life.  You allow the hatred to hold you prisoner.  I am not sure if I could have been so forgiving.  It made me sad that people can be so cruel.

Here is to a new week!  One week closer to brining home our baby girl.  Have a great week!

Comments

Shauna said…
Sounds fun. We had a good weekend, up in Santa Rosa visiting my Grandparents. I'm going to get that story for the kids. But, I won't be watching that movie, can't handle it. :( Hope you have a great week.

Shauna xo
Happy belated Nikolaus!! We put our shoes out, too, and in mine was a tangerine, a bar of Lindt chocolate and a Starbcucks mug with a candy cane handle. Festive :-) Is the Christkind coming to your house on the 24th? xx
Francesca said…
sounds like Addy has recovered already - hope so!

Popular Posts