Me and My Shadow "Corner View"

This is Me!

This is my shadow my little shadow she goes wherever I go!





My Shadow

BY ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON
I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.

The funniest thing about him is the way he likes to grow—
Not at all like proper children, which is always very slow;
For he sometimes shoots up taller like an india-rubber ball,
And he sometimes gets so little that there's none of him at all.

He hasn't got a notion of how children ought to play,
And can only make a fool of me in every sort of way.
He stays so close beside me, he's a coward you can see;
I'd think shame to stick to nursie as that shadow sticks to me!

One morning, very early, before the sun was up,
I rose and found the shining dew on every buttercup;
But my lazy little shadow, like an arrant sleepy-head,
Had stayed at home behind me and was fast asleep in bed.


Comments

dawn said…
You have the cutest shadow ever!

Love that poem.
Leggio said…
We just read this sweet poem for school. :) Mia does me the same way. Everywhere I am she is. :)
Shauna said…
Oh how I can relate to this so much. And I love it. I have learned over the years to love the babies being close to me at all times. I can look back and see how young I was in years and in attitude with my younger children. I don't care if I don't have much time for myself anymore. I know that it won't last, and one day soon I'll have all the time in the world. They can follow me and be attached as much as they want. Everytime I bend down to clean a floor or pick things up under the table a two or three year old jumps onto my back...everytime. It's like they have radar. :) I love it. This is a great post. Take care,

Shauna xo
Le monde dÖ said…
You are beautiful, so she is...
Have a nice week.
Anonymous said…
very nice poem, i'd never read it before.
simply bev said…
I've never seen that poem before, thank you for sharing it! And what an adorable little shadow you have!
Theresa said…
Such a sweet age.
kat said…
You do have a cute shadow!
nadine paduart said…
oh, and what a grand poem to all of that!
a mother's love...
n♥
Heather said…
Your little shadow is absolutely gorgeous!

Popular Posts