My Love Language

 


Hi!  How are you?  Did you have a great weekend?  Ours was crazy busy.  One little guy in our house turned six and we had an out of town guest come visit, but more on that later.  I wanted to share what I made for Valentines Day!  Yummy!  These are so simple and once you taste them you will never make another batch of cupcakes from a box.  The frosting alone is so devine and I could have simple eaten the frosting all by itself.  I shared these will my neighbor who is going through a rough time. 

Chocolate Cupcakes made from Martha Stewarts One Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder, plus more for pans
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 3 tablespoons safflower oil
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


  • Bake at 350 degrees until cupcakes are done in the center about 20 minutes. You will want to keep an eye on them. There is nothing worse than an over baked cupcake. They are so dry! Yuck!

    Chocolate Genache Frosting

    In a bowl add 8 ounces of your favorite chopped Semi Sweet Chocolate
    on top of that add one cup of warm cream.  Stir until the chocolate is smooth.  Allow to sit on counter until the chocolate has cooled and firmed up.  Then place in your mixer and whip up the frosting.  Now frost your cake or cupcakes.  Enjoy!

    Comments

    tinajo said…
    Congrats to him and those look yummy indeed!
    Unknown said…
    These look yummy! Although I've already eaten way too much chocolate since Valentine's Day. :)
    These look TOO GOOD!!! Belated Happy Birthday to your now 6 year old! I'm trying to keep my hands out of the kiddos Valentine's Day chocolate stash, but its not working!!
    Francesca said…
    this is a language you speak very well! :) hope your cupcakes made your neighbor feel a little better.
    Arctic Mum said…
    Oh, that looks delicious! So nice of you to share it with your neigbour:) I can't believe your kids leave for school at 0640, that is so early! But I guess there is quite som distance? My daughters starts school at 8.30 and it takes only ten minutes to walk. But then again, I live on a tiny island...

    Popular Posts