The End to a Week


I am so glad it is Friday!  While I am happy the children are back in school, the getting up early is for the birds. Getting up before the sun is up should be outlawed.   This week my husband was away 4 days and boy did we miss him. I don't know how single moms do it.  They certainly deserve a metal or something because I could not do it without my husband.  Besides being pretty dang cute he is a hard worker and he contributes to helping things run smoothly.  We were so happy to have him home today.  Tonight was pizza night.  Do you ever make homemade pizza?  It is pretty simple.  If you have never tried it you should because while you can make bagel pizza's, English muffin pizza's, or pizza made from refrigerator biscuit dough making homemade pizza dough takes only a few minutes. 

Pizza Dough
in a bowl measure out one cup of warm water then add 2 teaspoons of yeast along with one tablespoon of sugar.  Let sit for a couple of minutes and when the yeast starts to bubble add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 2 1/2 cups of flour to 3 cups.  Kneed until smooth.  If you have mixer you can use the dough hook and in minutes you will have a smooth piece of dough.  I like to add a tablespoon of chopped garlic to dough for extra flavor.   Place dough in greased bowl and let rise for one hour or more.  Dough should double in size.  Later preheat oven to 400 degrees.  You can make one giant pizza or  4 personal size pizzas by shaping out to into circles.  If you have pizza stone preheat in oven and then sprinkle with cornmeal.; otherwise, you can use a cookie sheet.  I like to use parchment paper when I use a cookie sheet to assure they don't stick to pan.  You can also use one of those circle pans with the ventilation holes underneath.

Top with favorite topping and bake in oven until crust is brown and cheese is melted which is about 10 minutes.    It really is simple.  The children love putting their own toppings on their own pizza's. 

Well it is time to relax  so I am going to pop a can of diet coke and put up my feet and look for a good movie on TV.  Hope you have a fantastic weekend!  Roman has his very first soccer game tomorrow.  How about you?  Do you have anything fun planned?

Comments

Unknown said…
Rhodes frozen rolls work awesome for pizza dough too, if you are feeling lazy. We usually use the Texas size. Just let them thaw until they are soft enough to smash out into a mini personal pizza size crust. Have a great weekend!
Francesca said…
My hubby is away for 4 weeks: 1 down, 3 more to go - don't know that I'll make it!
PS my kids live on homemade pizza :)
My kids just started back 2 weeks ago...it's definitely hard getting up! We are still trying to adjust dinner and bedtime...summertime was just so relaxing! Weekends are so great though...time to hang out and relax...we are off to a rope course center this afternoon! I'm enjoying your blog - I was pursuing through old posts - very nice! Thanks for connecting.
Dana said…
We made pizza last night too! It was soooo good. I like that M LOVES being in the kitchen with her dad when he decides to make pizza.
My Hubby makes homemade pizza every Friday....I look forward to Friday one for the pizza and two because he cooks! Have a wonderful weekend!

Popular Posts