2 more days and a look at my day

Two more days until we leave. It is crazy around here andthere are suitcases all over the house. So far, I have 2 out of 6 packed. When Hilary Rosen said that Anne Romney never worked a day in her life I don't know what planet she lives on because Anne has 1 more child than I do and I work all day. I might not get paid for my work, but it is work. Here is a look into my day. Got up at 6:30 a.m. and got boy number 2 off to school then changed and feed the baby. Feed boy number 3, got him dressed, and took him to school. Came home and got boy number 1 off to school. Then I did the dishes and put a load of laundry in the machine. Got myself dressed. Went to the DMV to register the car.  I dropped off a bag of clothes at the Goodwill, went to UPS, went to the bank, worked out for 90 minutes, and went to Target to buy things I need for our trip. Picked up boy number 3 from school and feed him a snack. His friend came over for a play date, fixed dinner. My day isn't over yet. I still have to pack my suitcase because tomorrow I am at the hairdressers. My son has Karate. So Hilary, I don't know where your comment came from, but except for the few minutes to write this post I have been going all day long from one activity to another.   I did not go to the spa, have someone fold my laundry, eat bon bons. Heck, I ate my lunch in the car after swinging through the drive through because I was so hungry I couldn't wait to get home and fix myself something to eat. I will be lucky to get more than 6 hours of sleep.  Addy still wakes up 2-3 times a night.  She hates wet diapers and once it gets too wet she will cry until you change her.  Sometimes her brother crawls into bed and snuggles up next to me which I am not complaining about,  but it is not very conducive to a good night sleep.


Heidelberg /taken December 1996
Engagement dinner

Comments

Shauna said…
I always tell my husband his paycheck is mine too. Why not? I'm working all day and night raising, loving, feeding, teaching, and taxiing our lovely children. So I'm entitled to it just as much as him right? I don't what kind of people are saying stay at home moms have never worked but I'll say this, those that have never stayed home with their children are the ones that have never worked...period.

Okay enough of the rant... Germany!!!!!!!!!! Alas, it's here. I love it and I can't wait to follow along. So happy for you and your family. This will be an experience that adds to the character, happiness and intellects of the your sweet children. As for you and husband, well the same. Couldn't be happier. Take great care, and I have you in my prayers.

Take care,

Shauna

I will email you tonight.
Dana said…
Right on! I wish society valued it.

I am still perplexed as to how women with large families who work outside of the home as well can manage it. We both work full time and have only one child, and sometimes it's a challenge. I am fortunate enough to be able to hire help, but I know many are not. I think it's like holding two full time jobs, especially if family isn't near.

D

PS. Richard lived in Heidelberg during his teen years & has many great memories of the place.
Francesca said…
Why don't you do some of your shopping in Europe, wouldn't it be more fun than target? (the correct answer is "yes" :))
Women are the hardest workers around that is for sure!
Unknown said…
Good luck! I'm sure everything will come together. Thanks to all of your hard work, of course!
Company EIGHT said…
Oh boy, can I relate! I'd like to see Miss Hilary give a try at staying home with kids, and see what she thinks then!

Good luck over the next 2 days...you're almost there!
Joyce said…
Yippee two more days!!! Yes your days are full and busy I got tired just reading about it. I know how my days are with not enough time and every time I think how do women do it with children. xo

Popular Posts