Apple Crisp

IMG_5548_1

IMG_5552

IMG_5551_1

A couple weeks ago, my husband bought me a new camera for an early Christmas present. I choose the Cannon Rebel. I have always grown up using a Kodak or a Cannon. A sweet friend of mine came over, and while our boys played together she showed me some fun techniques. I am really enjoying the challenge of learning how to use this camera and all that it can do. Remember a couple of weeks ago when we went to the apple farm? http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2009/10/harvest.html Well, this is just one thing I made with those apples. This is Apple Crisp to the max because it has double the topping. The topping is my favorite part.

Apple Crisp
8-10 medium size apples. I used Granny Smith and Roma this time, but usually I use a combination of Granny and Gala,1/2 the juice of a squeezed lemon,1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 cup of slivered almonds -could use walnuts.
Cut apples up in bite size pieces and mix with lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Don't have brown sugar then just use white. I just like the richness the brown sugar adds to this recipe. Spread in a square baking dish.
In a bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 cup oatmeal, and 2 sticks butter. That's right 2 sticks! Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

Comments

Kelly said…
I have got to remember to make this sometime. I always forget to do an apple crisp. Yum.
dawn klinge said…
How fun to get a new camera! I've heard good things about the Canon Rebel. That apple crisp looks delicious!
Dana said…
Thanks again for all of the delightful recipes. Now that things have cooled off a bit here, I hope to try one or two.
Have a great day.
DAna
Cherry B said…
YUM! Thanks for the recipe-- we always have loads of apples around and what a fun way to have them satisfy my sweet tooth!!

Popular Posts