The Hermitage

I hadn't originally planned on going to the Hermitage when we visited Nashville, Tennessee this past weekend; however, after asking a friend of mine who lived in Nashville for years where she would go I took her advice. It was well worth every dollar that we paid. The weather was perfect warm but not too warm. The tour starts out with a very well produced movie that gives a general history of Andrew Jackson's life(he is the guy on the $20 bill), but short enough the children did not get bored. Headsets were included in the price of admission. Another good thing to keep the children busy, and I would suggest listening to the children's program. Strollers were not allowed in the mansion, but my mom and I traded of so we all got to see the house. The workers dressed in period costumes. Plenty of open space for the children to walk, skip, and wiggle about. It was a perfect day!!!

Comments

Julie said…
Great post. How do you like living in the South? So you use to live in Switzerland? I've been meaning to answer you about Playmobile land. It was fun as a stop through but I don't think I'd go out of my way to go there. Cute boys you have!
Sounds like a wonderful adventure!
Traveling Mama said…
This is my kind of place!! You were asking about getting pumpkin here and yes, we can get some pumpkin. Not the kind like in the States that makes good pies, but a cooking variety that many Moroccans add to their couscous.
Esti said…
Thanks for commenting in my blog this summer. I'm catching now on everybody's posts.
natsumi said…
Sounds like a great palce to visit! I love the photo!

Have a great weekend! ox
jane said…
i love historical tours! your snaps are great! and the dishes below look wonderful! your killing me! besos-jane
Kari said…
I enjoy visiting those kind of places - places with so much history. Your photo's are great.

Popular Posts